RE: no spark at al

To: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>, "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: no spark at al
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 19:50:03 -0500
Well,  If it turns over (to check the spark) I suppose the battery isn't
dead! :)

Could very well be the coil.  If the plug is heavily fouled, it could be
shorted out.  Have a known good plug?  Try it.  Could be a bad plug wire.
Are all cylinders not sparking or just one?  Could be a burnt rotor.  You
can put a known good plug on the coil wire and crank.  Spark there means the
problem is downstream: bad plug wires, plugs, rotor, cap, points, etc.....
No spark there means coil or ballast resistor.  Have an ignition module?

I'd guess (in order of probability) one of the three.
Coil.
Ignition Module.
Ballast Resistor.

Where are you located?  I'm in Anderson, Indiana.  If you're close enough,
you are welcome to pull parts off my car to try to find the fault on yours.
(Just put them back when your done!!!)

Bill