Re: Carbon Cannister

To: frandrum@voicenet.com
Subject: Re: Carbon Cannister
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 14:49:25 -0500 (CDT)
I rebuilt the cannister on my Spitfire using charcoal for fish filters,
and round PVC filter material (the same diameter as the cannister) that I
found at the local auto parts store.

ISTR the early ones were made to be reuilt the later ones are sealed.  i
knocked the bottom off with a hammer, then used silicone to seal it bak
up.

Roger Elliott