RE: bolt size for coil clamp

To: "Spitfires List Server (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: bolt size for coil clamp
From: "Chris Sharp" <sharpc@interaxs.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:25:58 -0400
I can't advise this for fear of upsetting the "Triumph God", but here goes
any way....

The PO for my vehicle drilled a small hole in the lip of the firewall shelf,
near the edge.  A half-inch bolt drops down from the top through the coil
bracket and the shelf.  1/2" nut goes on the bottom.  Easy to get to from
the engine compartment and no additional firewall holes.  Looks something
like this from the side..

             ____ Drill hole here

          \ |/    <-- This ugly symbol is supposed to be an arrow.....
           \/
        |     |

Engine side   |    Foot well
of Firewall   |

If that doesn't make sense, e-mail me off-net and I'll send you a better
drawing.

Chris
'64 Spit:  Finally out of the paint shop and back together again.
           Now, if only this rain would go away for a few days.....