Re: 'Dead Man' pedal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 'Dead Man' pedal
From: Chris DeStaffany <destaff@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 18:43:18 -0700 (PDT)
"Dead Pedal" and "Dead Man Pedal" are two different
things.  A "Dead Pedal is a support that supports your
left foot off to the left so you don't half to lift
your toes to push on the clutch or brake. That's wht I
have been told and it makes sence to me. My Honda has
one and It is kinda nice.  Spits, I believe. don't
have them.  Never seen one, anyway.

A "Dead Man Pedal" is where you half to push it down
all the time or your equipment stops.  Railroad
engines have such a thing.  Therefore if something
happens to the operator, the thing automatically
stops. Remember the train scene in "Silver Streak"
where they put a large tool box on the Dead Man Pedal
and the train crashed into the station.

Chris DeStaffany
1975 Spit, no dead pedal or dead man's pedal.

http://invites.yahoo.com/