VTR Portland

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR Portland
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:25:43 +0100
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I had a great time in Portland this
year!  Ran my first autocross ever and had a blast.  Looking forward to
running more of them next year!!

Special thanks to Scott Kohl for his donation of a mk2 spit engine and
header to some future project of mine...Thanks Scott!!  (anyone know of a
race spit for sale?!)

After re-evaluating the number of miles I traveled overall to get to the
convention I totaled up 7280 miles.  I forgot about the 800 miles from
Johnston Island to Hawaii.  So I guess its possible I beat out Leon for that
particular honor.  Fortunately I didn't have to drive all of those or I might
never have made it....!!

Dave Massey's accounts that he's been posting on the Triumphs list pretty
much sum it all up.  Although I noticed that he didn't seem to be
mentioning any of the awards and trophies that he took home.  Maybe one
of these days he'll fess up!  How about it Dave....!!!  (or did I miss a post?)

Aside from the 100+ temps mentioned by Dave the trip as a whole both to
and from Portland went off nicely.  Next year I've just got to do it in a
Triumph instead of towing one!!

See ya'll in Breckenridge...!!!!