Re: It's a Dead Pedal, man.

To: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: It's a Dead Pedal, man.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 21:25:38 +0000
I think it has more to do with the shape of the fot wells than the selfishness
of the Brits.

The pedal arrangement is the same on both sides but the wells are not
symmetrical.  There really isn't enough room on a left hand drive
car to put such a foot rest.  I usually put my foot up under the clutch pedal
on long highway stretches but it would be dangerous if
one needs to make a quick stop and use the clutch.  Ever get your foot tangled
up in that rather tight arrangement?

Joe