Muffler choices

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Muffler choices
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:01:57 -0400
Friends -

Have just retrieved my '72 MkIV from the barn
it's been in the past four years while children
took up the majority of my time. It's great to
have it back on the road.

However, the Monza exhaust system seems awfully
loud. Perhaps it's rusted out internally, or
I'm just getting older. Anyway, I'm in the
market for something new.

Being out of circulation the past few years, I'm
not up on what's being offered for mufflers. I have
a header, dual carbs and a hotter than stock cam,
so I guess stock mufflers are out of the question.

Are there any new choices other than Monza or
stock mufflers? I'd like something quieter than
what I have, but don't want to choke the engine.

Thanks,

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC