front suspension

To: "Spitfire \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: front suspension
From: "JM Weber" <weberjm@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 06:04:58 -0700
Heyo!

I have noticed that I have a severe amount of positve camber on the front
end...the top of the wheels lean outboard.

I also noticed that when I back up, they return to the (nearly) (to my tired
eyeballs) verticle.

I have completely rebuilt the front (and rear) suspension.

Can I assume an excessive front toe-in is causing this?  I know I need an
alignment on the front end, and the front end did this prior to me
rebuilding it (I didn't touch the tie-rods).

Can I safely torque the front A arms (see Haynes) while this toe-in
condition exists?

Did I mention that it drives for the first time since Nov 97?  Whooee!

John
'75 Spit - Sputter