Bow Cover-Mk3

To: "Spitfires List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bow Cover-Mk3
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:38:22 -0400
Just a head's up here in case anyone is interested. The people who make the
carpets and the TR6 soft top cover (when in the down position) for TRF are
going to be making a Bow Cover for the Mk3. During the Summer Party I left
my original cover with them to use as a template and to see how the cover
was put together. They will allow for the shrinkage that is in the current
cover when making a new one. I think they are going to test fit it to one or
the other of the early Spits they have on site.

The top will be available in any of the Robbins top/tonneau cover
colours...mine is being done in bisque. I give more information when I
receive it but thought I'd let you know now in case anyone else was
interested.

I attended the seminar put on by the owner of Magic Carpet Company and the
display of materials, and items that Diane showed were of very high quality
and as much like the originals as is reasonable (i.e. they make some carpet
sections longer and allow for overlap so the bare floor isn't visible when
the inevitable shrinking occurs. I am expecting a fine cover when it
arrives.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /