Electric Fan Relay

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Fan Relay
From: "Mike Nelson" <mnelson@tconl.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 14:57:05 -0500
I posted a week ago asking for wiring advice for my '79 Spit with electric
fan trouble.  I received some valuable suggestions from some, and greatly
appreciate it.  The final source of the trouble was the electric fan relay
stuck up under the dash.  Seems it got hotter than our Nebraska summers.. if
that is possible?  Furthermore, while it was toasting itself to a deep
golden brown, the wiring harness it plugs into, (the female plug, believe
they call them molinex, or something that sounds similar) melted as well.
I've ordered the new replacement relay, but will not be replacing the wire
harness.  However, I will need to cut out the melted plug, and probably
solder in individual bits to plug back onto the new relay.

Does anyone have any ideas if I should proceed this way, or have another
suggestion?

Mike
Omaha