Re: transmission / Gearbox Cover - Fiberglass ?

To: Jason Tilley <jtilley@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: transmission / Gearbox Cover - Fiberglass ?
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 10:14:32 -0500
I have a fibreglass tunnel cover.  Only thing though, I had to drill all the
holes
for the bolts, and they were not marked. I also had to add more seal, here and
there, because the cover is nit flexable.  When I get my 63's body on, I will
get
an ABS type.

THnx
Pat
63 Spitfire(on hold)
74 Spitfire (daily driver)
71 Stag (primering it)
68 Chevy C10 (on hold)
 http://spitfires.iwarp.com/

Jason Tilley wrote:

>         Just wondering if anyone has seen a fiberglass version of the spitfire
> transmission / Gearbox cover.. approx cost and pro's / Cons. If it's not
> available I'm thinking about making one my self. Mine's beyond repair, so I
> was thinking about purchasing a new one / Slightly abused one and using it
> as a mold.
>
> Any Ideas??
>
> Jason.
>
> http://home.austin.rr.com/triumphspitfire/