RE: Distributor vacuum advance

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Distributor vacuum advance
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:00:46 -0700
On my '79 (vacuum ADVANCE) there is no detectable vacuum from the carb port
at idle.  The vacuum at the port increases with the engine speed.  When
adjusting the timing (10 BTDC US Spec) there is no difference in the setting
whether the vacuum line is attached or not when the engine is at idle.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)