RE: Rimmer delivers... well most of it

To: "'Spitfires'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rimmer delivers... well most of it
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:23:50 -0700
Ken;

I went to Baxter Auto Parts to buy some header wrap (exact same stuff Rimmer
sells) for my Rimmer SS headers and was advised against using it to wrap
headers for street use by several of the people working there .   Apparently
they have had several customers complain that their headers disintegrated in
a relatively short time with it's use.  Now these were mild steel and not SS
headers so results may vary.  In any case I decided to save myself the $40
and thanked them for their advise.  I have a heat shield that I will use
over the headers.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)