pulleys and fans

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: pulleys and fans
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:02:40 -0600
Can anyone with a 72 Spitfire tell me what the outside diameter your crank
pulley is?  I've got a 72 engine in my 63 and I used the water pump, fan and
generator from the 63.  The pulley on the 72 is much larger than the 63
pulley and I'm concerned about over spinning the generator and fan.  I think
the pulley that came with the 72 engine is a later one because its got a
second belt groove (air pump maybe?).  Is there a smaller pulley that will
fit on the 72 engine?  If not, is the plastic fan from the 72 quieter than
the 4 blade metal one from the 63?  At speed the metal fan is very loud.
Thanks
MikeC