Re: A small but frustrating problem

To: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu, Adam Turner <turner@turner.se>,
Subject: Re: A small but frustrating problem
From: frandrum@voicenet.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:12:00 US/Eastern
>Instead of the pliers or clamps, try mounting the pin in a hollow plastic
>tube, such as
the handle frequently used on paper shopping bags.  The tube diameter is
slightly less
than the pin and holds it securely.  When you have the pin well started through
the
aligned holes, relieve some of the pressure on the door pad .  This will lock
the pin and
you can remove the tube and push the pin in the rest of the way with a screw
driver blade
or similar tool.

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/