Shelby wheels "found"

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shelby wheels "found"
From: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:40:03 -0700
While sorting through the parts "thrown in" with my most recent
purchase, what to my wondering eyes did appear, but four little wheels
so quaint and so dear (sorry, I won't do that again).

All four are 6.5" x 13" and in really great shape - no dings, pitting,
or curb rash.  They must be of fairly early manufacture since I also
came across a Shelby wheel brochure which included fitments for cars
through 1982, and this design was no longer offered.  They do appear to
be authentic, though, and two of them still have Goodyear Blue Streaks
mounted.  I remember buying those in the late 1960s.

For insurance purposes, I'll need to establish a value - any ideas?  You
can see them at http://home1.gte.net/nugentmd/shelbywheels.htm  They are
NOT for sale.

Assuming they fit, I think I'll polish them and put them on the Spitfire
3500 - they're so retro, and the aluminum matches my engine block!

Gotta go buy a Lotto ticket - I'm feeling LUCKY!

--
Mike
Renton, WA
http://home1.gte.net/NugentMD/914litepartsforsale.htm