Re: Carpet snaps

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carpet snaps
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 10:53:49 -0400
Yes,  I got a molded set several years ago, and I agree with your
opinion of the material.  The molding is real nice, and it
fits real well, but the fiber looks like a poor relative of Velcro.
It looks like it is not really woven at all but merely held together
by the molded plastic base material.  It tends to shed and fall apart,
sort of like Velcro that gets heavy use.  Bit it is still
better-looking that my rotted-out original carpet was!

I have no idea mow many different places actually MAKE
molded carpet sets (as opposed to merely selling them).
None of the vendors identify the actual manufacturer.
If anyone has a molded set that is made of real looped
woven material, I'd love to hear about it...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit