Re: Supertrapp

To: "Bill Munts" <bmunts@iol-12.net>
Subject: Re: Supertrapp
From: Tom Ambrose <tambrose@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:24:26 -0400
At 06:29 PM 9/7/00 -0500, you wrote:

>So has anybody put a Supertrapp muffler on their Spitfire?  If so what are
>your thoughts.
Bill,

I put one on my modified 1500 engine a few years ago as a temporary exhaust
on the end of my header collector. It's still there, I haven't had a full
exhaust pipe put on yet.

At that time, I asked the list how many disks I should run. Someone replied
that he thought that 6 was the minimum. I currently use only 3 plates for
noise considerations, but she appears to run better with around 7 or more.

There is a web site pic that shows one mounted on a GT6, I'll look for it
if you wish.

Have fun,

Tom