SU Needle selection and Air/Fuel Gauges

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Needle selection and Air/Fuel Gauges
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 13:43:01 -0400
http://www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/tuning.html

This link is to an excellent web article on selecting SU needles using an
air/fuel gauge.  This is why I think the gauge is so usefull.  If you've ever
considered trying to optimize the needle selection for your particular engine,
this web page is vital reading.  Not only for the knowledge you will gain,
but for the software in it.

The SU Needle spreadsheet program is there for determining your needle
profile at each station, but for selecting other profiles.  Good stuff!  I
sucked
it into an Excell spreadsheet so I could have the pretty lines to admire in a
graph.  I'm a visual sort of guy, so I can grasp lines far quicker then I can
grasp a column of numbers.

Lastly, if this inspires you to want to install an air/fuel gauge, I suggest you
at least look at this link.
http://www.autospeed.com/A_0020/P_7/article.html
It's about $65 now, which is roughly twice as much as a digital one costs,
but boy is this thing pretty, and right in keeping with a Spitfires analog
gauges.