Re: COMPLETE SHOP MANUAL

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: COMPLETE SHOP MANUAL
From: Dean.Dashwood@enron.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:43:42 +0100
Sure, this kind of instruction is obvious.  But personally, I find it
useful.  If something needs doing, I'll usually read about how to do it in
the various manuals, then decide whether I can do this myself or if I
should let the pros do it for me.  If I saw instructions like these, I'd be
inclined to do the job myself.

(Although, in practice "Remove the two bolts holding the Thingamajib in
place" usually involves a couple of rounded off bolts which my sockets
won't fit, a shaft or something which turns when it's not supposed to so
that you can't get the nut off it, or something breaking so that it then
can't be removed - and when that happens I give up, put everything back
together as best I can, and hand it over to a garage anyway!)

Dean