Re: Compatibility of Spitfire & GT6 Differential parts

To: Mike Ross <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Compatibility of Spitfire & GT6 Differential parts
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:57:05 -0700
>From what I can recall from my failing memory, the only ratio that can't be
fitted is the 3.27 ratio used on some GT6's. . .BUT. . . the other problem
is that the early (pre 70) diffs used a slightly smaller bolt (5/16" vs.
3/8") to attach the ring gear to the carrier so the holes in the carrier
will be too big for these.  But that said, any ratio from a 71 and later
diff, from any car except the 3:27 one should fit - I have a 3.63 in mine -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)