valve lash

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: valve lash
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 09:32:19 -0600
Hi All!

I have followed the "radical camshaft and .020 clearances"  thread and the
associated thread of click-adjusts.

My question:

Considering (?!?) most of us have a rocker or two that is worn out and a
"conventional" feeler gauge would thus under-state the adjusted
clearance......

Has anyone determined how many O'clock degrees is equal to .010, etc?  Honda
guys use this method as it is difficult to get at 8 of the valves.  I'm just
too lazy to go look right now, but if somebody gets it right then all we
need to do is say something like"

"remove all lash, then turn 3/4 of a turn for .010" etc...

Anybody?  AFAIK the thread pitch on all the rockers for TR and spit is the
same so this could be a universal tech tip!!

Dave Terrick