A new arrival

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A new arrival
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 00:36:27 -0600
Hi all!

Woohoo, what can I say, a new toy arrived in my garage tonight on the Dark
and Stormy night.

KC 53336L is now mine, and safely tucked away alongside KC 53567L, it's
"younger" brother (a week maybe?).  Within the week I will have some jpegs
posted on my first attempt at a website.

Here's the neat bit:  I am the second significant owner.  The vendor has
owned it since late 1969, and it has not turned a wheel since about 1985.  I
remember driving past the car fifteen years ago as I went to University, and
it is now as it was then!  That was early in my TR loving phase but I still
swore that I'd own the Triumph that looked like a Jaguar.

Now, for those who remember,  I bought the younger car five years after I
first saw it and said I would have a Vintage Triumph Racing car.  Then,  the
TR6 I was driving was destroyed in a crash and the racer became a body off
restoration - which I then raced and wrote off....again.

Full circle,  the un-molested (still has padded wheel in perfect condition,
original seats, no cracks in the dash or veneer, engine side covers still in
place, etc) silver car I said I would one day own is now here - alongside
the racer turned street car.  Now I suspect VTR 2001 will see 'silver' drive
me there as it is.

Perhaps the racer will race again, as I originally intended.

But them, what do I do with the GT spec spit 6 bastard car I have started to
stitch together?  And when will I EVER get to the Judson supercharged TR4a
IRS I have owned since I first started looking a GT's ?!?

Be happy guys.  Another Triumph has been saved.  Thanks for all your
continued support with crazier stories than mine that continue to inspire
me.  Without the list, both of the "twins" may have been lost to us.

Dave Terrick
"Winterpeg" approaches.. time to heat the garage