Re: Quaife Limited Slip Differential for Spit and GT6

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Quaife Limited Slip Differential for Spit and GT6
From: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 07:48:10 -0800
As a disinterested third party (I won't be buying one), let me say this is an
exceptionally good deal, especially if you compete (or drive
like you do).  I had one installed in my Porsche 914 ($1695 for the part) and
it takes 2-3 seconds off your autocross times (in a sport
where wins are measured in 1/1000ths of a second).  What the Quaiffe allows is
putting down more power earlier in the turn (before the car
"settles" back down for the next straight).  The only caveat is that it tends
to accentuate any push (understeer) your car may have, but
that can be tuned out (sometimes just with tire pressure).

--
Mike - Renton, WA
CARCENTRIC - http://home1.gte.net/NugentMD/Spitfire3500.htm