Radio mounting in a 1500

To: bill@cs.scranton.edu, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Radio mounting in a 1500
From: Dean.Dashwood@enron.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:48:49 +0000
Bill, I'm not sure what the problem is here.....

My radio (and every other radio I've seen in about the last 10 years) came
with a mounting kit which worked perfectly.  It's a fairly flimsy piece of
rectangular metal.  The idea is you push it into the slot that the radio is
to go into, then bend back a load of tabs which will hold it firmly in
place.  Slide the radio in, and voila!  Does your radio not come with
something similar?  It is quite important to cut the hole in the support
the correct size - I did this by taking the support, together with the
mounting kit, to a machine shop and letting the professionals do it
(although it's not difficult - I'd probably have done it myself if I had a
jigsaw lying around the house, but I don't).

Dean