O/D Works!

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/D Works!
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 12:45:19 -0600
   Yesterday I asked about the nature of the "click" when OD was
activated/de-activated (after re-wiring, mine seemed strange to me because I
didn't get a click on de-activation) - and also noted that road-testing was
not practical due to my gutted interior.  Avi noted that my click
characteristics were the same as his, so this morning I put a seat in & took
a test-spin down the local thoroughfare.  My gear-lever slide-switch is bad
(I've been playing with it with no luck), so my test consisted of
crossing/uncrossing the two wires going to the switch.  OD works like new!
Crisply shifts both in & out, both 3rd & 4th. Amazing, considering that my
OD unit has been semi-dormant for 13 years.  So now I don't feel too bad
about springing $30 for a new slide-switch (which looks to be worth no more
than $5), and am going to quit screwing around with the old one, and also
discard my thoughts of half-assedly rigging up a two-dollar toggle switch on
the dash or console.
   I'm obviously as happy as a Daley with a rigged adding-machine.  My
thanks to Avi & other Listers.

Cheers, Ree G. in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!