Re: spits showcased

To: "Ron & Susan" <rroach@direct.ca>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spits showcased
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:47:11 -0800
Nice article.  Interesting and fairly accurate, but I see what you mean
about "straching the truth a little" and I must disagree on this point:

"If you like to cruise with a powerful CD player blasting your favorite
tunes, then the early cars with a generator will need to be upgraded with a
later-model alternator. Even without a CD player, the generator-equipped
cars don't generate sufficient juice to instill the battery with a long
life. "

While an alternator upgrade is probably in my future, my 88 watt RMS CD
stereo with a 200 watt amplified subwoofer have been running just fine off
of my good 'ol Lucas generator and regulator.  The battery shows no signs of
duress afte several months of this...

Thanks for pointing out the story!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!