Re: Lock replacement on early spitfire.

To: LT <llst@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Lock replacement on early spitfire.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:25:22 -0700
Larry,

Here's the scoop:

The ignition switch assembly must be removed and you will find a hole in the
aluminum shell.  Using a punch or awl press on the pin
that is accessed by the hole and with the key in the lock, pull out the lock
assembly.

The trunk assembly requires you to remove the handle and punch out a rolled pin
at the far extent of the chromed part of the handle.
When that pin is removed, you can remove the sliding latch piece and in turn
the lock mechanism.

When you get them out, send them to me along with the key that you want to use
on both assemblies and I will re-key the odd one the
same as the other one.

Regards,
Joe Curry