New diff and girling shocks

Subject: New diff and girling shocks
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:52:54 +0000 (GMT)
I having rear Girling shocks fitted to Saskia (77 Spit) by the garage
tommorow.  Do any of you know anything about them?  The garage said that
they were harder wearing than standard shocks.

Saskia is going into the garage primarily to get a new (guarunteed s/h
#60) diff.  You may recall the thread about the whining noise on Saskia a
couple of weeks back, well the garage concured with me/us that it was the
diff at fault.  Thought that I may as well get new shocks & polyurethane
bushes put in while the back end is apart.

After I took Saskia back from the garage for them to look at the rear end
now smells of creosote???  I think diff really is well and truly
knackered!

I'm looking forward to taking her for a drive on Saturday with no whining
noise and tight back end, she hasn't been driven properly for ages.

cheers all,

John