re: Getting a car UP on jackstands

To: "Spitfires-Digest" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>, <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: re: Getting a car UP on jackstands
From: "Tim Doyle" <tdoyle3@berkshire.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:24:00 -0500
My own preferred method is to use my jack to its max height and put stands
on the rear first, pull the jack and put the stands on the front.  Then I
put a big heavy cinder block at the rear of the car and put the jack on it
and raise it until the jack stands are maxed out, ditto for the front.  I
have some ramps, but I have yet to own a car that I can use them on, the
angle is just too steep for anything I've ever owned ('71 Ford Torino GT,
'77 Honda Accord CVCC, '87 RX-7, '91 Ford Probe {Wife's car}, '94 Taurus
SHO. '64 Spit), how do people get their spits up on them?  With only 4.4" of
ground clearance and the low bumper its all but impossible for me.

Tim
'64 Spitfire MKI