JMA paint (was) Re: Newbie Spitfire owner with questioins...

To: ekieboom@xs4all.nl
Subject: JMA paint (was) Re: Newbie Spitfire owner with questioins...
From: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:47:26 -0500
JMA is indeed the mystical "unlisted" alternate paint code
for Pageant Blue.  I have one of these cars, which caused me
to research this mystery some years ago.  It's not documented
in any of "the books" but BMHT production records confirm it.
I have also discussed this with John Thomason who discovered
this paint code (and several examples in the U.K.) after his
"Guide to Originality" had been published.

Various other sources also list Pageant blue as being JAE, JAG,
JNA and JAM.  Pageant blue is sometimes substituted for, and
indistinguishable from Tahiti blue.

--
LBC'ing U,
Bob (& Spitfires)