Re: loss of power problem

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: loss of power problem
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:21:57 +0000
Check the routing of the fuel pipe around the back of the engine, if it
touches at any point you could be in trouble. Also do you have a heatshield
behind the Carbs? This stops the heat from the exhuast effecting the float
bowls of the carbs..
Cheers
Tim

John Hobson wrote:

> I have done a little more investigation into Saskia's losing power
> problem:
>
> It only seems to occur when the engine temperature has gone a little
> high, like when sitting in traffic.  The problem goes away once the
> engine has cooled down a bit.  The power loss occurs at all rpm, not just
> 3-4000 as I previously thought, it is just more apparent at that rpm.
>
> Any ideas what could be casuing this?
>
> BTW Sorry if this message is appearing more than once, think I have mail
> problems...
>
> cheers
> John

Tim Dafforn
University of Cambridge
Structural Medicine Unit
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
Wellcome Trust Centre for Molecular Mechanisms of Disease
Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 2XY.
UK
Tel. (01223) 336829
Fax. (01223) 336827