Spit Mystery continues!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Mystery continues!
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 05:58:37 EST
As per advice of fellow listers I checked on areas they recommended,

-Wheel rubbing is not occurring, though common with bigger tires, it would
not make the metallic grinding I am hearing.

-Backing plate; this is a possibility, but why would it get so much louder
under heavier turning (most noticeable at slow, sharp, U turns)? Unless
failure is at the.....

-Wheel bearings, I removed the wheels to check these, and noticed they were
somewhat low on grease, the bearings themselves looked OK, but then again I
do not know what to look for anyway. Filled with grease, I took it for a
short drive, with the first U turn came noise.

Any other ideas? Could it still be bearings? Its a daily driver so a quick
resolution is needed.
Thanks for your help so far!
Avi