Re: Steering rack question

To: MIKEROSS@Prodigy.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering rack question
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:58:32 EST
Hi Mike,
I believe the plug is to alleviate vibrations that can occur in the steering.
 You can make your own plug using any semi-hard plastic (nylon is the
original material) that doesn't become brittle in the cold.  Possibly the end
of a Bic pen, or use a hollow punch on an old thick plastic bucket, etc., or
go to the hardware store and look around-how about the nylon on the bottom of
furniture coasters?  All my Mk1 racks came without the hole.  I think it came
about on the Mk2's.
Bill Brockschmidt