Re: Winter storage

To: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@direct.ca>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winter storage
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:15:37 -0500
At 06:29 PM 12/21/2000 -0800, Nick Moseley wrote:
>My opinion: excellent and inexpensive compared to a permanent structure. I
>believe also that as a temporary structure, it is not affected by building
>codes and zoning etc. Out of respect for my neighbours, mine is mostly
>hidden in the back yard, and not apparent from the front.
>Nice solution to the winter storage problem

I put one up for a friend of mine several years ago.  It is still holding
up nicely.

One word of advice is to install a vapor barrier underneath, otherwise your
metal goods will rust from the bottom up!

We used a sheet of the thickest vinyl drop cloth sold at our local home
store (Home Depot, Lowes, etc).  That made a BIG difference in the moisture
present.

Regards,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire