Alternator Conversion

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator Conversion
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:29:22 -0500
Hi Everybody!

I am considering  an alternator conversion for my Herald 1200, and found a
great article on the wiring part, but have been wondering about the mechanical
part- First, what kind of brackets may be needed- alternators are, naturally,
shorter then gennys, and mount differently- are there adapters needed or
available? Second, what diameter alternator pulley will be necessary to
achieve optimal performance for the unit? What type GM alternator is best- a
10si or 12si? Also, what output would be recommended as a minimum, and what
model would this have come from?

Thanks for any replies,
Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible trying to be a good charging car... :)