Non LBC Wiring harness replace or repair

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Non LBC Wiring harness replace or repair
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:47:23 -0500
Hi all,

As the subject implies I would like to get information from those who have
repaired harnesses. I am in a bit of bother because I am working on a 66
Mustang and the engine harness is questionable so I either have to replace
or repair. To replace I have a couple of quotes for $200usd+ just for the
engine harness!

So I am inclined to attempt a repair job, so I present some questions:

How hard was it?
Was it hard to find replacement pieces?
Are there places available that makes harnesses like British Wiring?

Thanks in advance
David Templeton