maryland laws lLONG

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: maryland laws lLONG
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:49:17 -0500
O/K here goes as I just hung up the phone with the Maryland State Police for
car inspections of DMV, "ONLY" licensed dealers may buy at Brandywine for
the salvage car auctions, you must be registered with the state of MD, the
winning bidder will be give a "Salvage Certificate" stating this car had
damage beyond it's assessed value, after the car has been repaired the title
and "Salvage Certificate" can be taken to the State Police for inspection of
"VIN" numbers as listed on the title and "Salvage Certificate, the State
Police will then issue another ceritfication that the car has been
inspected, the owner will then go to DMV and a title will be issued in his
name, 2 lines below his name the declaration will be printed on the new
title "Salvage beyond value", thus this title is now called a "Branded
Title' for no matter how many times the title may be reassigned, this stops
any law suits that some might say, "You never told me this car was wrecked",
this is also the exact same procedure your insurance is "Supposed" to go by
if they total your car and then it back to your, they issue a "Salvage
Certificate", you notice I said "Supposed" to. Maryland has many different
types of car linncenses including, new cars, used cars, salvage, and
recycle/junk yard and the answer is also no a junkyard cannot sell you a
complete car, this is for stopping a stolen car from having the "Vin
Numbers" switched, he can part the out only, and a junk yard must have a
"Salvage Certificate" on hand for "Every" car on his lot or if the car was
bought from a private person a "Certificate of Title". Thjis is the law, and
like most laws some people find ways to get around it or in some way sneak a
totled car by DMV, but it is still against the law if you are caught, a good
place to trace a used car out is "CARFAX", they now even have when the car
was state inspected or emission tested, we've come a long way and still have
a long way to go.  "FT"