RE: Contact Request

To: "Howard Baugues" <bauguesh@abcs.com>, "Nolan Penney"
Subject: RE: Contact Request
From: "Jason Tilley" <jtilley@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:30:45 -0600
        I use paypal for on-line auctions. I've had 10+ good experiences. 1 bad
experience with a e-bay rip-off artist. Pay-pal is currently investigating
and I should get all my money back soon. They do have a guarantee that you
will get your purchased Item. If not you first have to submit a complaint,
then if it isn't resolved, 30 days after that you can submit a claim. From
their you end up waiting for the lawyers to get involved - but you do
supposedly get 100% of your money back. I'm still waiting on mine - I put in
a claim back in December. I have contacted PayPal using their 800 number -
and always got through, as well as used their e-mail customer support. Even
though I've had one bad experience, I'd have to say that the good out weighs
the bad.

Jason.

Nolan,
I use Paypal and they do not take a lump sum and escrow it. They bill my
credit
card each time I  make a purchase, if I have no money in their account. It
does
show up on my statement as a payment to Paypal, but only at the time of the
transaction, not before. If someone pays you through Paypal you can leave it
in
Paypals bank account to use later, or you can opt to have it direct
deposited or
sent to you via a bank check.
Paypal does give you the ability to note that this is a payment for auction
items, including the ebay item number and what the item description is. I
have
never had to ask for a refund or deny a payment so I can't say as to what
steps
they are willing to take.

Howard Baugues