Re: Re: HID lights, are these for real?

To: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@mail.ftconnect.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: HID lights, are these for real?
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:31:29 -0500
The guy who invented those stinking blue tinted lights ought to be taken for
a long ride in a low car, with his hands strapped down, and those eye things
form "Clockwork Orange" in place, then driven past an endless line of blue
headlights coming at him, high beams on, as they always seem to be. Maybe
then he'll repent for those d... things.

I also think Hi-Beam indicators ought to have the automatic dipping systems
like GM had in the 50's, or a device to inflict small doses of taser-like
stimulation to those who refuse to dim their headlights when you're coming
toward them, or are directly in front of them.

Come to think of it, headlights on those nasty SUVs and pickups(of which I
own one)  ought to be required to be at the same level as the average
passenger car, thus not blinding me from behind while I sit in the
Drive-Thru, or at a traffic light.

Maybe we oughta retrofit all cars with infra-red sensing windshields, and
infra-red headlights. But then you'd have these Bozos with extra strong
infra-red headlights melting each other, or at least giving heavy tans.

Once they get radar into cars, some dummy is going to have to run his at
full tilt, thus creating the transportable microwave...(Honey, when I bring
the groceries home in your car, all the popcorn pops itself!) Talk about a
drive in diner!

Scott
from the land of Ramble...
64 Herald 1200 Convertible