RE: GM Alternator Conversion

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>,
Subject: RE: GM Alternator Conversion
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 11:12:14 -0700
The 7127c series of GM Alternators are the most numerous single model type
on the planet.  From 1972 up through the mid 80's, they were on every GM
car and truck built.  That's millions upon millions of alternators.  All
are identical except for clock position for mounting (user preferences only
really) and amperage output.  Some may have a double pulley or more likely
a single pulley unit.  All are interchangable like Legos.  It's that
interchangability and commonplace availability that make them ideal for our
purposes.  Yes, Delco did make an alternator for our cars near the end, but
even that isn't interchangable with the standard 7127.  No matter where you
go, you can almost guarantee you can find a 7127 nearby.  In my own
neighborhood culdesac, I can see, hmm.... three vehicles that have them,
two cars and a truck.  I don't have a clue where the next closest Lucas
product is.
 |             |   1968 Triumph Sptifire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |