Early Mk1 needs to be finished and is for sale

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Early Mk1 needs to be finished and is for sale
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 01:12:40 EDT
Greetings,
A former customer of mine (I'm a wedding photographer) offered me his 1963
Mk1 project today.  New wife wants her half of the garage.  He's asking $1500.
Good points:
New red paint.  Bonnet is in very good shape.  Very desirable early 63 Mk1.
Engine is freshly rebuilt with brand new exhaust.  It's actually got a Mk 2
factory header (very desirable!!)  I think the suspension and steering and
brakes have been redone.  New windshield and rubber.  Many other new parts.
New alternator replaces generator.  I think it has a new soft top.  BRAND NEW
PANASPORTS WITH NEW GOODYEAR TIRES.

Bad points:
 Floors have been replaced, but not with original style panels.  Reinforcing
steel braces have been added for structural soundness.  Drivers floor could
use some redoing, but not really major.  The driver's side sill doesn't quite
match the door, but I'm a purist.  No carpet.  Seats are there, but need new
covers.  Rest of interior should be replaced.  Not sure about front bumper,
he thinks he can find it.  Much of the chrome needs to go back on as it's
never been put back on since the new paint job.  Missing heater.  Alternator
not original, but more reliable. Clear Illinois title.

Overall this could be a pretty good deal for someone.  The work up till now
has been professionally done.  I'd buy it, but I have 7 Spitfires, 2 Jaguars,
2 other vehicles and a wife who has reached her limit.  If someone is looking
for a light duty cosmetic project this could be it.  This could be a very
nice Mk1 with a new interior and carpet.
You have to bolt on the bumpers, replace the trim, add a heater and a few
other things.

While I don't have any financial interest, I am interested in those
Panasports and tires.  I'm probably going to try to trade him (or a buyer), a
set of original Mk1 steel wheels with excellent tires and factory whole wheel
covers or a set of wire wheels, as well as most of the stuff a person would
need to finish the car (heater, front bumper, etc.)

Email me if you have an interest and I'll pass the word along.
Bill Brockschmidt

///