Re: Saskia has an MOT!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Saskia has an MOT!
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 19:27:32 +0100
In article <20010508134337.10457.qmail@web9604.mail.yahoo.com>, John
Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk> writes

>woohoo! She passed at the second time of asking!

Congratulations, John!

>I will go home tonight, take her to the jet wash for a deserved clean and
>then I'll remove the hard top and fit the rag-top for a hopefully
>beautiful summer to enjoy!

Here's hoping.

>I remember a couple of weeks ago some of you UK listers mentioned going
>up to the Spitfire Graveyard, if anyone is up this way let me know and we
>can meet up and I'll introduce Saskia to your pride and joy!  Or maybe we
>could arrange a meet for later in the summer somewhere in the middle of
>country so we can all make it?

I'm hoping to get Carly back from the garage tomorrow, and, assuming all
goes well, will be in touch with Richard and Daffy to arrange a
Beds/Cambs List-Meet shortly thereafter.   A UK List-Meet somewhere in
the centre of England later in the year sounds a wonderful idea.   Put
me down for a flyer once you get it organised.    Please bear in mind
that the centre of England, geography notwithstanding, is somewhere to
the south of Watford Gap. <g>

Where exactly are you based?   I shall be driving Carly to Richmond in
the North Riding on Friday week, D.V., and I think I shall be going past
your door (or within a couple of dozen miles of it at least).   It would
be fun to introduce her to Saskia, and to scrounge a cup of coffee of
you.

>I am planning to go to the TSSC Staffordshire weekend on 13th - 15th
>July, is anyone else planning to go?

I hadn't been, but that is mainly because I have had so many other
things on my mind recently (including the book-launch and the cruise)
that I have become completely hopeless at organising anything like that.
(I'm supposed to be in Winchester this weekend, apparently, but it
escaped my notice, and now I can't get a hotel room!).   If I can sort
myself out, I might well see you there.

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001:

///