Re: Front Spring Shortening

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Spring Shortening
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:13:28 -0700
At 12:47 AM 5/17/01 -0400, Joe Curry wrote:

>I highly recommend taking it to a spring shop and tell them what you want
>done.  They will take the
>spring apart and using a very large press
>straighten each leaf to your desired arch.  THen they will reassemble the
>spring and if any of the
>bumper pads are missing or damaged, they will
>replace them.  It is an easy task if you have the right tools and therefore
>won't cost much.
>
>Regards,
>Joe

When I worked for NAPA Auto Parts back in the early 90's (boy that sure
sounds weird, eh?), we sent out all of our custom spring orders from our
machine shop to Gitts Spring in Auburn, WA.  They customized pretty much
any leaf spring arrangement you wanted whether you were reworking an
existing spring or making a new one.  They could make whatever you wanted.
It's been years since I've dealt with them so they may be different now.
There are a lot of spring makers in the Puget Sound area though, especially
in South Seattle.

GITTS SPRING
3921 B ST NW
AUBURN, WA 98001-242
Phone (253) 872-3475

 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |

///