Re: Carburettor problem

To: "Steve Binysh" <steve.binysh@cwcom.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carburettor problem
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 10:26:41 -0700
Steve,

When you say "contamination", are you talking about debris?  It could be
coming from sediment in your gas tank itself.

Try installing a clear glass inline fuel filter BEFORE the fuel pump and
also open the fuel pump to clean the filter inside of IT.
Details and photos here:

http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=7&forum=DCF
orumID45

After you do this, you should be able to stop your carbs from getting
fouled.  But you may want to remove, clean and seal your gas tank if that's
the source of your problem.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
home of the FREE Totally Triumph Auction
The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi