Re: New Big end bolts

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Big end bolts
From: Walker910@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:46:35 EDT
Although not universally used, most Spitfires DID come with what they call
"torgue to yield" big-end bolts.  Use once and throw away.  Read the workshop
manual carefully--not the 'Haynes' or whatnot--and it says replace with "new"
bolts.  I agree with the previous post.  Better safe than sorry, especially
after you've gone to all that work.  You can still use the old bolts for
plasti-gauging your clearances, but when you're ready to close it up, I'd
sure want new bolts down there.

Bob