Horns and things

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Horns and things
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 19:27:42 +0100
Dear All,

Can anyone tell me on which side of a UK-spec 1500 is the low-note horn
mounted, and which side the high-note horn?  The nearside horn on Carly
is making little "phutt, phutt" noises rather than nice loud blaring
noises, but I don't know which horn I need to buy as a replacement!
Alternatively, is there any way of telling the two apart?

On the subject of dumb questions, my mechanic tells me that the grease
nipple on my offside front king pin is missing.   What on Earth is a
king-pin, what does it do, and where is it??

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"