Re: front bearing question

To: Jim Cullen <jcullen@cbi.ca>
Subject: Re: front bearing question
From: Howard Allen <Howard.Allen@fairchildsemi.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:15:21 -0400
Jim;
Generally speaking I find that standard bearings should be checked a few
miles down the road after installation or repack.  The grease can
sometimes fool you into thinking they are tight when they are not.

Also, you state you replaced the bearings, did you also replace the
races?  I would never replace the one without the other.  In fact I find
the races are often more a problem than the bearings..

Howard in Maine
1974 1500 Spit