Re: { NASS } Stafford revisited - and Wroughton to come

To: "SpitList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: { NASS } Stafford revisited - and Wroughton to come
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:00:22 +0100
John Kipping wrote:

Suzie,
I take it from this e mail that you made it to Stafford after sorting an
engine out
John Kipping -

Hiya John, yep, we did just that. Good of you to remember. It was a
frustrating search for the FD engine but we did finally find one just in
time to get it fitted.

Apart from one brief trip the evening the engine went in the Stafford trip
was the first real one with it in and she ran very smoothly - I'd forgotten
what it was like to run her on all 4 cylinders. In fact, it's probably the
only time Guy's had to ask me to slow down, as I was letting the speed creep
up even though I knew I should break her in gently. For those who know me,
particularly the local TSSC bods, that's become a highly amusing item of
note, the standard joke being that I need to set out 3 days before anyone
else to get anywhere!

Anyway, she really did run well, and with Guy behind the wheel went even
better I guess, I really must learn how to drive her in the way she merits
and not be so timid. Perhaps now with a good engine and fully rebuilt
suspension I'll learn to drive more confidently and really find out what
she's capable of.

Stafford and Wroughton were both good shows and I'm thoroughly enjoying
myself this season. Wroughton was a good run and a great weekend, a real
scorcher, and my shoulders are a little tender but I'm already looking
forward to next year - and next weekend at Beamish, though this time in one
of Guy's 2 litre Bonds, not in Baby Blue. Thought it was about time we gave
one of his cars an outing. I've got a few snaps that will eventually make
their way onto the website but it'll probably take me another week or two to
get that done.

Baby Blue has ended up costing me a fortune over the years I've had her, and
mostly by finding all the wrong people to take her to up till this year, but
at least now things are starting to go together. I know I could probably
have cut my losses some years ago and gone out to find a car already in good
nick but I'm sentimental and this car is special to me, I'm glad I have put
so much effort ( and money) into her, she's so much improved now, looks
great, runs so well and is now set for a good few more years of enjoyably
motoring.

Now I can start to think more of the cosmetic stuff, new (20yrs old but
never previously used, one of my start buys) hood just fitted, along with
replacement hood frame that actually works well, with tonneau and bootbag to
be finished off and then perhaps this winter I can finally think about new
carpets. And the whole reason being because it's fun!!!

Suzie & Baby Blue

http://triumphsouth.20m.com/