77 spit for sale

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 77 spit for sale
From: Paul.Meyer@key3media.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 01:07:14 -0400
Hi listers.

I have 2 Spitfires a '77 and a '78.  I'm keeping the '78 and have decided
to sell the '77.  It runs and drives but I would consider it a project or
parts car.

Short story - bought the '78 in May on e-bay as a parts car for the '77.
Turns out the '78 was intact with 38000 miles so I finished that one up and
stopped working on the '77.

The 77's previous owner was a mechanic, and the motor, tranny, and
drivetrain are pretty good.  His paint and bodywork skills are fairly good,
and his paintjob probably saved the body, but one can tell it's a home job.

Carb is out of tune and idles fast when warm.  Body is good, but not great.
Front corners and valence are rough, and I have the replacement parts -
about $400 worth from Vicky Brit.  Frame is rusty, and I am unsure of it's
structural integrity - I've test driven it up to 45-50 and the clutch,
brakes and steering feel pretty good.  All I can say is that I don't need
two projects.

I'm in the metro Boston area, and want it to get some good use or end up in
a good home.  I can be contacted via e-mail or tel at 781-433-1858.  If
anyone's interested, I'm looking for someone to take the whole car, along
with the parts for a few hundred bucks.